Thursday, November 20, 2008

2009 Young Adult Book Challenge

So I am doing pretty well with my first ever reading challenge, the Fall Into Reading challenge. I have read 10/13 books so far. One of the remaining 3 I don't think I'm going to finish inside of the time period, maybe someday, I'm just not feeling it.

Anyhow, J. Kaye is hosting a young adult challenge for 2009. And if you know me, you know I've been picking up young adult books like crazy lately, so I've decided this is the challenge for me!

Guidelines for 2009 Young Adult Book Challenge

1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate. (Click here to join!)

2. Read 12 Young Adult novels. You may list your chosen books any time during the year. Change the list if needed.

3. Challenge begins January thru December, 2009.

4. You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2009.


Here is my list:

3. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
6. Looking For Alaska by John Green
7. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
8. Teach Me by R.A. Nelson
9. Fourth Comings by Megan McCafferty
10. The Boys Next Door by Jennifer Echols
11. Cathy's Key by Sean Stewart and Jordan Weisman
12. Paper Towns by John Green (swapped out Rumors for this one)

It's my goal to read a lot more YA lit in 2009 than this but it's just a starting place!

Will you be joining this challenge? I know we had this discussion a few weeks ago about what YA I should read first, so scream at me and demand me to add some more must reads!

13 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out some of the books you've listed. I have John Green on my list, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:09 AM

    Awesome! ;) I don't know! I might join this one as well!

    Holy COW! how many challenges am I joining LOL!

    I remember certain books from some post of yours :) [ the best YA books right? ] :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally signing up for this one. I have 15 bookmooch books and 15 on the way. eek! I need an excuse to at least make a dent in that pile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:30 AM

    The official welcome comment:

    Greetings! Just wanted to drop by and officially welcome you to the challenge. I am so glad you decided to join us!!

    Now for the other one:

    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:09 PM

    UGH! How could I forget Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher??? Adding it now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth F- The first few are ARCs and then the last few are ones I've been told are must reads!

    Veens- Did you join? I'll have to come check! Yeah I did a post of MUST READS for YA so I just added a few onto this list!

    sharonanne- I think this is perfect for us! I love bookmooch!

    J. Kaye- THANK YOU! I'm so excited about this one!!! I'm still thinking over what to add to my list for the last few! Glad you are adding Thirteen Reasons Why!
    HUGS TO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep! I plan on reading Ink Exchange (the sequel to Wicked Lovely) by Melissa Marr and the rest of Scott Westerfeld's Uglies series but I don't really have a definite list of what else...

    I don't think I've heard of many of these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ladytink_354-Yay! I'm so excited about this challenge! I already swapped one out that I decided to read sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ONLY 12?! I'll have that done by February :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:48 PM

    LOLOL @ Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lenore- I hope you join (I'll definitely like to see what you pick)!

    J. Kaye- Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wasn't going to join this challenge, but I think your list almost has me convinced to change my mind. One I'd definitely add if you're still looking for is Elijah's Coin by Steve O'Brien. It's a wonderful mystery that also has a powerful message that is socially relevant today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous5:58 PM

    All of John Green's stuff is good. Speak was good too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...